Thursday 2 February 2012

Why did I become a Christian

Why did I become a  Christian?

I think many Christians ask this question. Many do not. But I ask myself several times.

I became a Christian because my parents were Christians and many of our relatives are also Christians. This is what we call traditional Christian.

But later, I realize that I am a  Christian not because my parents are Christians.

First, I am a Christian not because I want to be a  Christian. I never want to be a Christian. This means I became a Christian mainly because God did it. I never choose him. I never know that I will become a Christian by myself. I think this might be true to many of you. That's why there is nothing to proud of myself being a Christian. It is really God's doing. God did it in my life. Till now, I could not understand why God chose me. He can choose many others to be Christians. But he did it in my life.

Second, I am a Christian not because I am better than others. I have nothing to proud of. I am not good in education, I don't have any good background, I don't have money like others. I don't have any ability or talents like others. God chooses me mainly because he loves me and his grace is sufficient for me.

Third, I am a Christian not because I want money, reputation or prosperity. I don't want to be popular. I don't want money to prove that I am a  Christian. God provides my needs. That's all I need. God does not promise that he will give whatever I want -- money, education, lifestyle, car and so many things that we want.

Finally, I should not a Christian because I feel good. Many people think that if I am a Christian I make the right choice in this world. This  is not true. We are not feel-good Christians.

God is very faithful to us. We want to be faithful in everything we do -- life, speech, work, and walk.

To God be the glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment